Sunday 17 February 2019

Life's Purpose - Who am I?


I was 5 years old when I told my dad that I wanted to be a vet. I never wavered from this desire. (In retrospect a great example of manifestation – but that’s a story for another day.) I was always encouraged by my parents and at the age of 26 I qualified as a veterinary surgeon.

It is my belief, because this applies to me, that being a vet is a calling. For much of my adult life I have thought that to be a vet is my life’s purpose. My thinking has been challenged over the last few months. When I attend meetings and gatherings, business networking events I am often asked to briefly explain what I do. It’s a bit like I imagine an AA meeting. “Hi. My name is Tanya and I am a veterinarian.” Really!? Is that it!?

I am soooo much more than a vet. I am a wife, lover, sister, daughter, friend, business owner, entrepreneur, leader, animal lover….the list goes on. Each one of these nouns is a part of me but not the whole of me. To limit myself to this list is an injustice to all that I am.

I am a Spark of the Divine.

I was formed from Source. God. The Greater Power. That means that I am everything. I am Love.

As I move out of my intellectual conversation and into my heart – as I seek union with my Self – I begin to grasp the truth. I gain acceptance of the concept that I am a Divine Being.

What does this have to do with my life’s purpose? It feels as though I have moved off onto a totally disconnected path. I have not.

My life’s purpose is to reconnect with my Divine Spark. In so doing, I must express myself to the best of my ability. I must find my bliss, joy, passion and choose to spend time there. In that way I ‘gift’ myself to the world.

Practising my profession brings me joy. It enables me to share the joy and love with my clients and patients. They benefit. In turn they share their happiness with those around them, including me. I am fulfilled in my work. I share this with my family and friends. More joy and happiness follows. When sharing my happiness and joy it is not diminished in any way. Instead, it is increased as it is shared. My profession is the vessel I have chosen to express myself.

Every day I choose to be the best version of me that I can be. It is my gift to myself and my gift to the world. I share my joy, happiness and passion. I am extremely grateful for what the Universe returns to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment